The birthstone for January is the garnet which is named after its similarity in color to the red pomegranate seed. Garnet is associated with trust and loyalty and garnet jewelry is often given as a gift to those with birthdays in January. This gemstone comes in a variety of colors but the most well known is the red pyrope garnet.
Birthstone jewelry is available across the entire price range, from pretty trinkets less than fifty dollars to exquisite fine jewelry worth thousands of dollars. We have made a selection of pieces that are priced in the $200 to $500 range.
To help you choose a gift from the thousands of pieces available, we have grouped the jewelry styles into four categories. The first three categories are all examples of ‘fine jewelry’. This term is used to describe pieces comprising natural gemstones set in precious metals such as gold or platinum. The fourth category ‘fashion’ refers to designs using plated metals or alloys like sterling silver.
- Traditional – singular birthstone setting in gold, often with diamonds
- Theme – multiple birthstone setting reflecting nature or other themes
- Mixed – birthstone set together with other gemstones or pearls
- Fashion – designs using plated metals or alloys, often with crystals and beads
Browse through the selections shown below to help decide which category appeals to you the most and narrow down your choices.
Click through on any of the selected pieces for further information, and pay careful attention to the Product Specifications at the bottom of each page.
TRADITIONAL – singular birthstone setting in gold, often with diamonds ($200-$500)
|More Garnet Pendants...||More Garnet Earrings...||More Garnet Jewelry Sets...|
THEME – multiple birthstone setting reflecting nature or other themes ($200-$500)
|More Flower Shape Pendant Necklaces...|
More Leaf Shape Pendant Necklaces...
|More Flower Shape Earrings...|
More Butterfly Shape Earrings...
|More Heart Shape Jewelry Sets...|
MIXED – birthstone set together with other gemstones or pearls ($200-$500)
|More Multi-Gemstone Pendant Necklaces...||More Multi-Gemstone Earrings...||More Multi-Gemstone Bracelets...|
FASHION – designs using plated metals or alloys, often with crystals and beads ($200-$500)
|More Fashion Necklaces...||More Fashion Earrings...||More Fashion Jewelry Sets...|
Tips when buying jewelry online
- There is usually a choice of gold color – white, yellow or rose gold and the price will differ accordingly.
- The online image of the item may make it look larger than it is in reality, so check the measurement guide and any photos of models wearing the item.
- Consult the Product Specifications carefully, for example to check if chains are included with pendants, and whether the gems are natural or manufactured.
- Keep all the documentation and packaging for a few weeks after receiving your jewelry item, in case there is any need to return it. Most online jewelry stores offer a returns service and will gladly oblige.