Topaz of the orange to yellow variety (also called Imperial Topaz) is the true birthstone for November. However orange topaz it is not very common these days and the topaz you generally find is blue topaz.
The alternative birthstone for November is Citrine which is a yellow gemstone in keeping with the birthstone color for November. Citrine is much more readily available and can be found in many jewelry designs.
November & Topaz Quick Facts
• Imperial Topaz (yellow/orange) is the gemstone for the 23rd wedding anniversary.
• Blue Topaz is the gemstone for the 4th wedding anniversary.
• Topaz is one of the Zodiac birthstones for Scorpio and Sagittarius.
• The alternative birthstone for November is Citrine.
• Citrine is the gemstone for the 13th wedding anniversary.
• The birthstone color for November is yellow.
• The birth flower for November is the Chrysanthemum.
To have a look at our recommended Orange Topaz and Citrine jewelry go to our November Birthstone Jewelry page.
If you have come across any artisan jewelers that use orange topaz please let us know in the comments. Thanks! *Mandy